Junior Structural Engineer
BONE Structure® has developed a patented technology used to design, manufacture and assemble residential and light commercial buildings with zero waste, more efficiently and without compromising architectural creativity. Our mission is to lead the world’s transition to sustainable construction.
The Junior Structural Engineer, in collaboration with various teams, will ensure structural feasibility and analysis from the permit application phase to the 3D realisation of the BONE Structure system.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines;
- Capacity of continuously learning new material quickly and efficiently;
- Detail oriented, strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Capable of working close to and within a team environment as well as independently;
- Ready to defy conventional methods and to embrace a challenge;
- Solution driven, creative and innovative thinker;
- Seeking to participate in the evolution of an avant-garde technology.
- Collaborate with internal and external architects, 3D modeling team and project managers to ensure successful project completion;
- Performs calculations to develop designs using our proprietary structural systems according to recognized codes and standards across Canada and the U.S.;
- Collaborate with our architecture and constructability teams for research and development purposes to optimize the existing BONE Structure;
- Perform detailed structural analyses and update structural plans;
- Work with the Engineering Functional Manager to find technical solutions, assist with standardization of methods and procedures.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in civil engineering with a structural emphasis from an accredited college or university;
- 1 to 3 years of full-time professional engineering experience;
- Working towards obtaining their professional engineering license with the Quebec Order of Engineers (OIQ);
- Strong skills using hand calculations and computer-assisted design software required to perform engineering tasks required (i.e. Excel, MathCad, etc.);
- Preferred: Experience designing residential structures using the North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members;
- Foundation and Seismic design experience considered an asset;
- Knowledge of ROBOT and REVIT an asset.