Design Project Manager
WHAT IS BONE STRUCTURE?
BONE Structure is a technology company that develops leading edge building system solutions for the construction industry. Our core product is a proprietary building system patented in 42 countries. It's a structural steel frame and insulation system for home owners, builders and real estate developers who want to build fully customizable, highly energy efficient homes. Working with a network of local manufacturing partners across Canada and California, BONE Structure delivers its flat packed components to the building site to be assembled and finished by local labor.
With more than 60 professionals including Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, etc., we are a dynamic and innovative company continuously searching for creative talent to join our multidisciplinary team.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
The role of the Design Project Manager (DPM) is to drive each project to completion from the beginning of conceptual design until the building permit is received, with intermediary support during construction. The DPM is the main point of contact for the clients, responsible for communicating the steps in the process and overall timeline and keeping their project and budget on track. In addition, the DPM facilitates all coordination between the various stakeholders required for the building permit set, both internal (architect, BIM team, structural engineers) and external (civil engineer, landscape architect, city permitting authorities, and others). The DPM is the one person involved from start to finish and must communicate project history and learning throughout the process, and navigate competing interests effectively.
- Dedication to excellent client service with the ability to identify and adapt to each client’s preferred workstyle and communication
- Guide the client through the entire process, monitoring the flow of information so that clients always feel informed and have direction, and not overwhelmed by too many details and decisions
- Research permitting processes and requirements in each jurisdiction, and organize and manage the delivery of all items
- Coordinate the different aspects of a project (client’s needs, architectural design, budget, external consultants, permitting, etc.) until completion
- Create a project schedule with clear deliverables and milestones, and follow-up on all items, adjusting the timeline as required
- Coordinate with team leads to manage internal resources based on project priorities, deadlines, and other external factors
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with relentless follow through
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Design savvy
- Ability to foresee potential roadblocks and setbacks, and navigate them as they arise
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects (15-20) simultaneously, while keeping various deadlines and pending items for each project on track
- High EQ – positively collaborates with many different personality types and views project challenges as opportunities
- 2+ years experience in project management in construction or design industry
- Undergraduate degree in interior design or architecture (preferred)
- Familiar with the Northern California market
- Experience using project management software (preferred)
- 2+ years in a client-facing role