BONE Structure is a technology company that develops leading edge building system solutions for the construction industry.
Our core product is a proprietary building system patented in 42 countries. It's a structural steel frame and insulation system for home owners, builders and real estate developers who want to build fully customizable, highly energy efficient homes. Working with a network of local manufacturing partners across Canada and California, BONE Structure delivers its flat packed components to the building site to be assembled and finished by local labor.
With more than 60 professionals including Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, etc., we are a dynamic and innovative company continuously searching for creative talent to join our multidisciplinary team.
As the local Conceptual Architect in our San Francisco office, you will be a key player in turning the wishes of our clients into reality. You will oversee the entire Conceptual Design phase, interacting with clients directly, conducting bylaw research, and producing presentations of 3D Conceptual plans. You will also be a key asset to our sales team, helping to close sales of Contract for Design during pre-design meetings and onsite visits with prospective clients. As our local Conceptual Architect, you are expected to define the overall look and design aesthetics for BONE Structure in California.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the main point of contact with the Clients during the Conceptual Design Phase
- Conduct project kickoff meeting with Clients and Design Project Managers
- Gather client’s Wishlist, perform by-law studies and project requirement research
- Develop SketchUp models and 3D presentations of multiple iterations of conceptual designs
- Be responsible for Design Review approval with local authorities of the proposed Conceptual Design
- Provide support to the internal multidisciplinary design team as the conceptual design expert
- Collaborate with the internal engineering team to develop and improve aspects of our existing building system
- Participate in developing the vision and design aesthetics for the BONE Structure system in California by developing new collection of models for local climate, and neighborhoods
- Participate in pre-design meetings and onsite visits with prospective clients
- Attend, with the rest of the team, Information Sessions conducted by our Sales and Marketing team
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Strong design background
- Can transform a thought into something tangible, can sketch quickly and communicate his/her vision
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills: written, orally and visually
- Good judgment, autonomy, meticulousness, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and self-governing skills;
- Collaborative team player – not a prima donna;
- Seeking to participate in the evolution of an avant-garde technology
- Professional degree in architecture.
- California Licensed Architect – preferred
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of required experience in architecture/design firms, preferably in Custom Residential Design
- Mastery of the California Residential Building Code
- Strong Proficiency on Sketchup and Revit
- Knowledge of green building technologies, products and net-zero design strategies