Head of Architecture
BONE Structure is a technology company that develops leading edge building system solutions for the construction industry.
Our core product is a proprietary building system patented in 42 countries. It's a structural steel frame and insulation system for home owners, builders and real estate developers who want to build fully customizable, highly energy efficient homes. Working with a network of local manufacturing partners across Canada and California, BONE Structure delivers its flat packed components to the building site to be assembled and finished by local labor.
With more than 60 professionals including Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, etc., we are a dynamic and innovative company continuously searching for creative talent to join our multidisciplinary team.
As the leader of the architecture team, you will be the reference when it comes to the quality of the architectural plans as well as any expertise concerning the various residential or commercial construction projects. You will also manage, support and train a team of architectural interns, technicians and draftsmen.
- Participate in the development of the design process;
- Supervise, coordinate and review the completion of preliminary plans and permit;
- Revise and interpret municipal by-laws, as well as the National Building Code regulations;
- Provide support to the internal multidisciplinary design team;
- Provide support to external collaborators (architects, engineers, contractors, customers) and to the other internal teams (project managers, technical team);
- Develop construction details as needed;
- Collaborate with the internal engineering team to develop and improve aspects of our existing building system;
- Participate in continuous improvement and product development.
- Team and task management for the architecture team;
- Ensure good follow-ups and the meeting of deadlines.
- Good problem-solving skills and capacity to adapt;
- Strong organization skills and autonomy;
- You like to have fun while evolving on a daily basis;
- You are a good communicator who knows how to listen and advise;
- The word “impossible” does not exist in your vocabulary, you only see opportunities;
- You are not a prima donna: the team first;
- You like the idea of thinking outside the box;
- You seek to participate in an adventure, the evolution of a new technology, which will lead you to surpass yourself.
- Member of the Ordre des Architectes du Québec (or other Canadian Professional Orders);
- Master's degree in architecture;
- Perfectly bilingual (French and English);
- 8 to 12 years of experience in architectural firms or organizations undertaking design / construction projects;
- Knowledge of REVIT and AutoCAD software;
- Mastery of the Canadian National Building Code;
- Mastery of the US Building Code an asset;
- Demonstrated training skills;
- Technical expertise and knowledge of construction challenges on site;
- Building envelope expertise, an asset.