BONE Structure is a technology company that develops leading edge building system solutions for the construction industry.
Our core product is a proprietary building system patented in 42 countries. It's a structural steel frame and insulation system for home owners, builders and real estate developers who want to build fully customizable, highly energy efficient homes. Working with a network of local manufacturing partners across Canada and California, BONE Structure delivers its flat packed components to the building site to be assembled and finished by local labor.
With more than 60 professionals including Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, etc., we are a dynamic and innovative company continuously searching for creative talent to join our multidisciplinary team. Our mission is to lead the world’s transition to sustainable construction. Be part of the change.
The Construction Manager will be reporting to BONE Structure's Head Office in Laval, but the individual can be based in Toronto. There is flexibility and will depend on the candidate.
- You are an open minded, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively.
- Strong leadership skills with effective participation in team environment.
- You like to have fun and learn something new every day.
- The word impossible does not exist in your vocabulary, you only see opportunities.
- You are not a prima donna: the team comes first.
- Like the idea of thinking outside the box.
- You love receiving new tools for your birthday.
- Looking to participate in an adventure: the evolution of a new technology that is proving to be a game-changer in the industry.
The Construction Manager will work closely with all members of the project team as well as General Contractors, and will be responsible for the following:
- Perform on-site training & supervision of new BONE Assembly Teams (2-5 weeks per job site).
- Pre-construction support: meet with general contractors and subcontractors for pre-construction meetings, coordinate assembly and delivery schedule, inspect anchor placement.
- Post-construction support: provide support to general contractors finishing BONE Structure homes, troubleshoot site issues and coordinate with the BONE internal team in case of non-conformities.
- Update site support documents and generate new content to support general contractors and subcontractors.
- Develop and nurture relationships with BONE Structure’s network of general contractors and preferred subcontractors.
- Assist clients when looking to find a builder for their project, and be a resource to internal Project Managers when dealing with construction questions, estimates, etc.
- Participate on monthly meetings with BIM team to address constructability of new details.
- Participate on Design Meetings for Product Specs projects with technical difficulty.
- Be the go-to reference for all constructability question, specifically: foundation, windows, waterproofing, MEP.
- Perform constructability reviews of BONAGE model and assembly plans before delivery and participate in post mortem meetings with BONAGE team
- Travel between jobsites across Canada and USA (if needed).
- Ensure quality control by performing assembly inspections.
- Create construction schedules, perform regular updates and document site progress.
- Coordinate jobsite logistics with the support of the in-house logistics team and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
- Assist our Design team with questions related to construction details as well as review assembly plans to provide feedback to internal 3D modelling team to participate in the continuous improvement of the product.
- Professionally represent BONE Structure as primary interface with Builders, Owners and Design Team.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of on-site construction experience.
- Engineering background is a plus.
- Know how to handle construction equipment.
- Valid passport and driver’s licence.
- English is a must, bilingual an asset.
- Proficiency working with a project management software.
- Proficient with the Microsoft suite.
- Great communication skills.